‘From a grain of sand to the vast galaxy, science uncovers secrets around you and me.’
Why host a STEM?
STEM Festival, formerly science fair, has been around for a long time and still continues on as a tradition in many schools around the world. Definitely, there are many benefits.
• It offers a unique opportunity for students to explore their world and build a wealth of scientific knowledge and skills;
• Exhibitions and presentations in STEM Festival synergizes a student’s skills in Language, Science, Mathematics and Arts;
• As students conduct independent research, each has the opportunity to individually learn, grow and develop;
• STEM provides students with the opportunity to investigate and/or address a problem using sound scientific reasoning and methodology.
• STEM encourages students to strive for their personal best by providing a venue for students to share their efforts, discoveries, creations and inventions with others and compare the outcome of the research among other students.
• It helps teachers to assess and understand students’ development and learning not only on science content but also on the scientific process, technical skills, oral and written communication and creativity.
Save the Date!
This year’s 12th Annual Cambodia STEM Festival will be held on Saturday and Sunday, May 7 – 8, 2016 at the Diamond Island Building A & B, from 10am to 6pm.